Friday, 4 November 2016

OOTD#18 | Temple Bar | Totally Thrifted

Hey there.
So this is a little #OOTD post that I shot weeks ago with Ashley McDonnell of the Style Scruple when she was over from Paris.

Somehow I completely forgot about this photoshoot but I wanted to share it with you because when I started my blog it was all about my love of cheap and cheerful vintage clothing and thrift shopping,
and pretty much all of this look was thrift shop bought. 

Although I live in Dublin, some of my favourite thrift or charity shops are in my home town of Galway, and I rarely miss a chance to pop in to them when visiting my old haunts.

If you're in Galway and looking for a steal, my favourite has to by the Curiosity Shop on Merchants Road. I get so many amazing knitted jumpers in there (including pricey pieces from Meadows & Byrne and the Aran Mills) for a total bargain.

I usually shop the men's section when thrifting because it suits my style a little more, but the women's section is a hot bed of one-off jackets and amazing retro shirts.

Iv'e even found designer pieces hidden away in the store, and plenty of bits from nice high-street stores like Topshop and COS. 

On my last trip found some pieces from Nine Crows Galway, all with the Nine Crows tags still attached.  

I know some people don't think they could find anything nice in a charity shop, but if you love alternative style and a vintage look, thrift shopping is one way to do it for a fraction of the price, while also helping the environment, so give it a try. If you look back on my other outfit posts, you'l see that I'm nearly always wearing something thrifted. 

Jacket (top picture) - Thrifted | T-Shirt - Thrifted

Sunglasses - Thrifted | Cycling shorts - American Apparel

Socks - La Moda | Flatforms - Penneys/Primark

Rings - Penneys/Topshop | Choker - Thrifted

You can follow me on Instagram @sarahmagliocco and Twitter @sarahmagliocco for more regular outfit updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment